Sunday 4 July 2010

Questions

After the latest budget plus all the proposed spending cuts, I feel a growing sense of anxiety. It raises the question of what I am doing in a society I am not really a part. There is that sense of standing on the outside looking in but not being able to participate. It is highly improbable that I will ever return to work for a variety of reasons; this means in turn I am not even contributing to society. Gradually I am begining to feel that I am caged, more and more restricted in what I am able to do. It beggars the question, what if I where to say enough is enough and quietly stand aside, bowing out with a degree of dignity? That is not a negative thing, it is more a case of practicality, of ceasing to be a burden to others. There is little room for folk in my position and I am fortunate with no family or next of kin. It may be a case of just tying up the loose ends and saying enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's always hope, Dawn. Don't give up.