Friday 31 October 2008

Preparing for winter

The weather is noticeably turning colder. Winter is approaching in no uncertain manner. This is the time of year that I find most difficult in the outdoors. In an earlier blog I mentioned dilation. Not kidney dilation either. It comes with the territory and is something I adhere to on an almost daily basis. Missing the odd day here and there is no problem though. However, it takes up the best part of an hour. It is tedious, a book is a must. Without a book I find that every few minutes I stare at the clock and Oh my, time can drag. As most folk will notice over on my outdoor blog, I am away often. At least, as long as I have enough cash to pay for a coach ticket. Doing these very personal necessities poses their own problems in winter. For a start, it is cold, very, sometimes and I can end up shaking with cold. Also, I use KY jelly, it does strange things when it gets cold. If temperatures are very low and my kit that I use are not protected the ky can freeze. It has happened. There is a limit to the amount of baby wipes I can carry. Normally I just grit my teeth and clean up with cold water. A few days back I received an e mail from a guy, anonymous. Not really a harmful e mail, but he was complaining that I was too explicit, too open about myself. Maybe I am, however, I have seen and have been very aware how these these issues are not discussed or aired. As a result folk are ignorant of the facts. They have strange misconceptions. One of those is that it is a case of a guy just wanting to dress up as woman. Psychiatrists and professional people world wide are now realising this is far from the case. It is not just the physical side of things. Things run a lot deeper than that. No one in their right mind would go through what people like myself go through just for the sheer fun of it. Maybe I am lucky in not having family. There are cases where families are torn apart by gender problems. Suicides are not that uncommon. For me it is extremely hard to explain things but I try. It is best to honest and if I make folk see things in a better light then that can only be good.

No comments: