Sunday 16 March 2008

Questions

As I grow older I really question as to why I still exist upon this earth. In many ways I am stuck in a time and place I do not care for. The injustice of the manner in which I lost my job still rankles. The company has a bad reputation in the manner they treat staff. In many ways, residents too. Originally I was with another association, this one took over. At the time many of us thought they would breath new life in to a system that was failing. My first sense of unease was when this company began to shed all our long term residents. It had been a policy that some of our guys where offered a home for life, giving them support and care that they required. With in a short period of time I knew of several who had died. Suicides, drug overdoses and so forth. They simply could not cope in society. Unfortunately money is all, even for an association that is supposedly providing care in the community. As for me, well, I was one of the old originals and as had happened to many others I had to go. Management stood shoulder to shoulder, they openly sneered as I attempted to argue my case. It was a forgone conclusion, descisions had already been made and I was discarded. No back pay, no holiday pay. Almost all my tools lost. If that company went up in flames I would stand on the side lines and cheer. I gave them them my all but now once more I am back to my original outcast being and growing older, bitter, angry.

No comments: